There are a variety of sources of funding and support available to you as a student teacher while you complete your course. What you’ll be eligible to receive will vary according to the kind of ITT course you are on, where you normally live, the subject you’re training to teach and where you’re training , as well as your personal circumstances.
- Click here if you normally live in Wales.
- Click here if you normally live in England.
- Click here if you normally live in Scotland.
- Click here if you normally live in Northern Ireland.
- Click here if you normally live in the EU.
Mathematics, physics, chemistry, Welsh
Modern Languages, ICT(Computer
All other main secondary subjects & primary
(high level support only)
English, Welsh, mathematics and science only (degree subject specialism to raise standards at primary in numeracy and literacy and support sciences)
- Figures in brackets include total support payable to the student (Incentive plus student tuition fee grant)
- Mathematics, Welsh and chemistry students with a 1st would receive the £20,000 incentive plus fee grant.
- For degree qualifications with no ITE incentive attached, the tuition fee grant will mean that Welsh-domiciled ITE PGCE students have access to grant funding to help support their studies.
- Computer science studies and MFL have been designated medium priority recruitment subjects to support policy developments in these areas and encourage individuals with a computer science or computer programming degree to enter teaching.
- For those with a 1st degree classification a £3,000 supplement in addition to the £3,000 incentive will be available to support students undertaking primary PGCE studies whose subject specialism is in English, Welsh, mathematics, physics or chemistry to support LNF and core studies.
- Disabled Student Allowance
- Childcare Support
- Adult Dependents Grant
- Parents Learning Allowance
- Financial Contingency Funding
Northern Ireland - www.studentfinanceni.co.uk